Wednesday, May 31, 2006

martha stewart eat your heart out!

so, maybe it's not too exciting, but i just hosted a dinner party for my fellow english teachers on memorial day. and, i am awesome. i MADE HAMBURGER BUNS FROM SCRATCH!! that's right. i took flour et al. and made them into delicious, edible hamburger buns. i'm pretty surprised about that too -- you're not the only ones. i also made salad, potato salad, pasta salad, gazpacho, and veggie burgers. from scratch as well. hot damn, i'm good. my teachers were amazed by the "exotic" cuisine i prepared for them. i had to teach them how to eat hamburgers -- "no, you put the patty on the bun with the tomato, onion, and lettuce, then you eat it all together, like a sandwich. . . " the teachers said i should open my own ethnic restaurant wherein i would prepare more "american delicacies" like the hamburgers.

maybe i've found a secondary project. . . master chef! yeah, right. i think i've only got about one of those parties in me and i've used it up. never again. but, it's good to know that i can do this stuff if i need to.

love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry sweetie! I was in Omaha, NE on business (don't I sound all grown up n'shiz?) and I didn't get a chance to call you on your birthday, but I didn't forget it... and aren't you in Tourqia anywho?

Well, welcome to the club... woo twenty-three (doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?)

X's O's and Oreo's

Jas

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home