Sunday, January 21, 2007

it's still winter

hey all.

i know it's been a few weeks since i've posted, but honestly. . . . nothing's happened.

so, what have i got to report? well, it's not been too cold here, but it's certainly not been warm. the streets are still covered with their winter "four inches of ice," so walking around is about fun and a half. however, i've been informed that there's only one more month of this to deal with, so, i can handle it.

so, here's some news. one day this week at school, there's gonna be a "switch day" that is, kids from the 10th and 11th grades will be teaching and administering the school and their teachers will be going to class. hoot hoot. come wednesday, i'll get to be a sullen, dispondant teenager again. except i can be even less active in class, because my russian skills are well below that of a normal 17 year old. wish me luck and promise to sign my yearbook in study hall!! :)

i know it might be kinda early to be thinking about this, but i've gotta start getting on top of things. who wants presents from the 'stan? but be warned that showing interest in a present also means that you're willing to host yours truly in your home so that i can hand deliver said gift. you've got a couple of months, and i'll prolly post something like this in the future, but i thought i'd give you all a heads up!

love.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Ashli,

You can stay at my house even if you don't have a gift for me!
Enjoy your time being a junior again.
Well were going to get about 2 inches of snow, this is the biggest snowfall of the year(so far).
I love you talk to you soon
Mom

5:40 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

ashli! ditto to what your mom said... you´re welcome to stay with me... but i dont know if i´ll be in san francisco or ecuador!! either way, you should visit :) when do you get out of the corps?? email me if you get a chance
love, elizabeth

1:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Baby, all I want from Kazakhstan, is youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! And that I do want that hand delivered!

Be sure to be that angst-y teen that we were in high school. Be overly sarcastic and of course don't forget to be negative and destructive towards yourself and others. Get into the KZ NRS at all costs!

Hope all is well, love!

Jas :)

7:15 AM  
Blogger marla said...

Well if you have time to stop in North Carolina be sure and drop in for a visit. As far as a present goes. . .Lets see I think I would like some wool to spin into yarn.

10:21 PM  
Blogger sherry said...

um...

dill?

i need some dill

i hate going to kroger

but seriously, i want stories! in person!

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashli,
Happy Valentines Day

The Orphanage Lady

4:46 PM  
Blogger Jim Dusseau said...

You're always welcome in Ann Arbor. It's free of cougars. At least, I haven't seen any.

As long as you get to be in high school again, you should definitely write poems about how your boyfriend broke up with you and you'll never love again.

Best Wishes,
Jimmy

P.S. I've grown 3 inches since we last met
P.S.S I'm kidding. I'll be a midget until they pack me in a suspiciously short coffin.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home